The Quest for GOD
Everyone wonders at some point of life does GOD really exist?
Right from the days when I was a kid I always used to wonder
even a thief prays for god. God let this robbery go smooth; I don’t know how
many people out there right now making evil wishes. Somehow I could never
convince myself that god exists but whenever I hit a rough phase in life and
you needed someone beyond your family and friends to share this. It was so easy
to walk to a temple and just the silence would make me feel better.
Whenever I think of god I would immediately ask myself
question, so does this mean you believe in God? I wouldn’t have an answer for
that.
I have not prayed much. I will come to reason why later but
whenever I did I would start off “if you exist” and for some reason I have
never wished something for myself. I just couldn’t because if I do I had to
agree that God exist. I would end up praying for my family or a generic pray.
In my place people do pray for god almost every day, make
donations in name of god, make sacrifices. I would come across people doing
this and I found it really hard to put a sense to all the things they do. I
have seen selfish, corrupt and bad people do this. How can you go and pray when
you are not truthful to yourself. How
can you betray, cheat be selfish and expect God to be on your side.
GOD IS GREAT. What a commodity he has been, every step of
our life, everyone uses him so effectively. God I am sorry I will never do this
again. God I screwed it up please forgive me. It goes on and on.
I am sorry God please forgive me I will never do this again.
Everyone would have said this, in fact over the time of our life it becomes a
routine. Bad habits are not easy to get away are they, we will do it again and
again and we do with such ease we no more find it wrong. If all hell breaks down you can always go to
God and say sorry and stress your promise more than earlier and walk away
guilt free. I have seen this all my life and I will continue to see. The ease with which people pass on the
accountability of the mistake they have done and walk guilt free just amazes
me.
Well it was different for me, whenever I pray/wish/confess I
had to answer myself one question. So do you believe in GOD? This question always
put a check on my access to God. I was answerable to myself and there was no
easy way to get away from the guilt of doing wrong, being unfair and all the
mistakes. I had look at myself and feel shameless for my deeds and nowhere else
to go. The good thing was I was accountable for what I did.
I would wonder what if there was no concept of God. What
would have happened, it’s scary, real scary. There would be no faith, no one
would be afraid of wrong doing and the world would easily come to an end. It is
this word GOD which is holding us together.
The fear of someone watching us is keeping us on track. I ask myself
again so do you believe in God?
I have found comfort in toughest of times using the word God.
I am not going argue on God is there are not. I believe being truthful to
yourself is the toughest thing you can do, you can lie to anyone, even just
confess by saying your side of story the way you want. Just look at the mirror
and try lie to yourself I bet you can’t. So be truthful to yourself and GOD
will be always there with you.
I am no saint you don’t have to be one, we make mistakes we
all do and we like it once in a while. Just let’s be accountable for our acts
and we can make up for the mistakes with some kindness.
Peace of mind.
Krishna
No comments:
Post a Comment